Tuesday, August 23, 2011

If I Could Mess With Time And Reality And Life And All That…


…Perhaps I would erase the past 8 days.

While my opinion on astrology fluctuates between interest and skepticism, one thing I don’t doubt is the effect of mercury retrograde.

We’ve all had one of those weeks.  You know, the kind that has you just waiting for the next unfortunate happening.  For example; my past week consisted of a terrible date, followed by a completely unexpected fight picked by a sibling, followed by instances of my photos being used yet not credited, followed by my flash failing me on a last minute job.  Oh, and then my car ran out of gas before I could get to the gas station, and then my left brake light went out.  Wow!  But you know what I hate?  Complaining.

Actually the week wasn’t all bad.  I ate some food… saw some friends… went to some parties.  There was definitely steam to be blown off, but I had the faculties to do so.

On Food:

Friday night Flaunt magazine had a dinner to celebrate their Neo Golden Age issue.  It was at this restaurant Phillipe Chow.  The best things were the sate skewers and the peking duck.  There was also some green shrimp, filet mignon with broccoli, and champagne.

Appetizers gone:


Green Shrimp:



 Plate mid-meal featuring green shrimp and peking duck:
Champagne, white, and red:
On Sunday I had a late lunch with my mom at Ernie’s Jr. in Eagle Rock.  We used to go there all the time when I was a kid.  I got my favorite entrée called the “Torta de Guacamole”.  It’s a very thin egg omelet stuffed with guacamole, and then covered in enchilada sauce and melted cheese.  I still love it to this day.  A warning though:  the beans can be hit or miss at this place.  Today they were kind of a miss.
   
I have also been working on perfecting a sort of vodka lime/mint/basil soda.  More on that in a future post.