Friday, August 12, 2011

These Things I like


When it comes to things I like I’ve got to admit I’m pretty particular.  I’ve been told that this is a sign of intelligence.  Perhaps instead of IQ tests we should actually have “well developed taste” tests.  We could ask questions like:  “What is the best place to get a burrito in Los Angeles?”, or “What is the best beach on the southern Californian coast?”  I mean, I guess everyone already knows that Benito’s has the best burritos and to visit any beach other than El Matador is an exercise in not enjoying the finer things in life.  Let’s try some more difficult questions.

What is the best cheese to purchase at Whole Foods? 
 

Fromager d’Affinois is a french double-cream soft cow’s milk cheese quite similar to Brie in appearance and taste.  However it undergoes an ultrafiltration process, which results in extra flavor as well as a higher fat content.  This cheese is the best cheese I have ever had, aside from some other variety quite similar with an orange rind, which I had the pleasure of totally pigging out on at an event catered by that Artisanal cheese restaurant in New York City.



What is the best facemask?
Aztec Secret sells and packages this calcium bentonite clay, which possesses a negative electrical charge.  Some science for you guys:  Toxins, bacteria, viruses, parasites, and other impurities carry a positive charge.  When introduced to the human body, this clay’s negative charge attracts and bonds to all those bad things with a positive charge, effectively sucking them out of your system.  Some people eat this stuff!  Me, I mix it with apple cider vinegar, and put it on my face. I leave it on as long as I can stand.  If I wore this facemask in public, people would be scared of me because I look like Frankenstein!

What is the most prolific and consistently good band of the past 5 years? 


 





Since 2006 Woods has put out 6 amazing lo-fi folk rock albums.  That’s tough to do.  They’re the best.  Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.