Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Some Things That Happened Last Week


Do you ever get upset by all the cool things you see when driving which ought to be photographed?  I do.  Most of the time it’s just too hard to pull over and park.  Some things I have missed:  Some stenciled graffiti (is it still called graffiti then?) on Beverly Glen in the hills stating “It’s the end of the world”, a pickup truck overflowing with cat scratching posts, and actually I can’t remember any others at this moment.

Last Thursday I was driving south on Glendale Blvd. in Echo Park, and right after the beginning of the 2 freeway I stumbled upon this!
It’s a broken water main or something.  I am in fact, crying inside, because I couldn’t park and get some better shots.  Traffic, if you can believe it, was craaaaazy.  If I had been able to step back a hundred feet or so though, you would be able to see how high this jet of water was spewing into the air.  Two or three hundred feet I’d say.  Maybe higher.  I’m sure this inconvenienced a ton of people, but I was so happy to see it.  Totally made my day!  I guess I just like crazy things like that.

Later in the evening Bleached played a party at Paul and Andre’s in Hollywod put on by ‘Sup magazine and Opening Ceremony.

During:

After:
A side note:  Not everyone in the above photograph is actually in the band.

Some other stuff happened Friday and Saturday, but I didn’t take any pictures.

Sunday Allen Bleyle had a BBQ at his house where Devon Williams and the Soft Pack played.  There was a slip and slide as well as a fire.  I think maybe 3 people went on the slip ‘n’ slide total.  The fire was started by one of them because they were cold.